Saturday, July 18, 2015

Radiation Time

Here's my radiation machine. 

Here I am in the machine. It rotates around me to radiate from 3 different angles, They are targeting my chest wall and lymph nodes.

I started radiation on July 1st. The first couple of visits took a little longer while they did scans and put on my little dot tattoos. But a normal visit is very short. It takes longer to get me situated on the table than to do the actual radiation. They play an 80s alternative station for me to listen to while I'm in there. One day the song Take On Me by A-Ha started right when the radiation started and the song ended right when the radiation was done. So that's how long radiation takes :)

I can't feel anything at all from it. I just finished radiation #12 yesterday and I can see a little line where my skin is changing color. I'm using MiaDerm and Radiation Rescue, plus LavaDerm and frankincense throughout the day. Hopefully that all helps prevent horrible burning. We'll see how I feel in a few weeks. I am getting 28 treatments total and should end August 11, assuming everything goes well i don't  have to take any breaks in treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment