Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Radiation Burn

UPDATE: While talking with the radiation tech today, I was saying that I was so happy to only have one more treatment on this burn area. I was glad that it wasn't going to get worse. Well, I was WRONG! She said this burn is probably from radiation 10 days ago. She said that the damage today's radiation caused won't be seen for another 10-14 days!! That means this burn could get much, much worse. 😟 

This, my friends, is a radiation burn. So not fun. I have several creams, gels, ointments, essential oils (lavender and frankincense) and I use them all throughout the day. I hope they're working. Maybe this would be worse without them?? Let me just say that a seatbelt is a problem here. Rubbing against a burn/rash, not good. Two more treatments on this spot (lymph node involvement near my clavicle) and 5 more total!

Oh, and this is me getting used to seeing myself with super short hair. I hate it! It's SO not me. But I'm trying to be brave and go without the scarf. If I wait until it's at a length I could feel normal with, I'd be waiting another 9-12 months. 

1 comment:

  1. Ouchie!! I'm sorry you have to deal with a burn!! And your hair is growing!! You are totally pulling it off:)

    ReplyDelete